Re: mod_auth_mysql

David Cary Hart wrote:

On Sun, 2004-03-21 at 13:41, Richard Welty wrote:

2. Is there a way to sync the database so that it adds and deletes
entries as unix users are added and deleted?

i think it's up to you to script that. it'd help if you explained what you
are trying to do, it sounds redundant and unnecessary with the
information you've given so far.

I'm trying to control access to our Intranet.

Initially, the process is:

   mysqladmin create http_auth
   mysql http_auth
   mysql> create table mysql_auth (
       ->   username char(25),
       ->   passwd char(25),
       ->   groups char(25),
       ->   primary key (username)
       -> );
Correct?

The question is, is there a simple way to sync the unix user data to
http_auth or do I need to have scripts that will tie in useradd and
userdel to the necessary sql commands?

AFAIK you will have to do the interface to make useradd and userdel handle the database. Useradd and userdel by default work with /etc/passwd and /etc/shadow and deals with local access.

Maybe we need more information on the process. For example, do the users get a local account?, are they just being authenticated by radius?, or what exactly are the parameters?