Re: mod_auth_mysql

On Sun, 2004-03-21 at 13:41, Richard Welty wrote:
> > 2. Is there a way to sync the database so that it adds and deletes
> > entries as unix users are added and deleted?
>
> i think it's up to you to script that. it'd help if you explained what you
> are trying to do, it sounds redundant and unnecessary with the
> information you've given so far.

I'm trying to control access to our Intranet.

Initially, the process is:

    mysqladmin create http_auth
    mysql http_auth
    mysql> create table mysql_auth (
        ->   username char(25),
        ->   passwd char(25),
        ->   groups char(25),
        ->   primary key (username)
        -> );
Correct?

The question is, is there a simple way to sync the unix user data to
http_auth or do I need to have scripts that will tie in useradd and
userdel to the necessary sql commands?

--
David Cary Hart, CEO - Drake Schools - http://drakeschools.com
Hart's PGP key -