Re: FC1 2 3 RH9 10 MDK 6 7 8 9

On Mon, 2004-03-15 at 21:13, Alexander Dalloz wrote:
> Am Mo, den 15.03.2004 schrieb Chadley Wilson um 17:32:
> > On Sun, 2004-03-14 at 18:24, Alexander Dalloz wrote:
> > > Am So, den 14.03.2004 schrieb Chadley Wilson um 06:10:
> > >
> > Yes still no luck!
>
> Is there no administrator for the firewall and proxy? I suspect you are
> building the PC systems for customers, so the network admin should
> assist you to be able to go through the walls to have up2date systems.

Look Alex I appreciate the help but I have checked with our
administrator he has given me all the settings I need and intruth it is
the proxy adress and port and the username and password, thats it The
only thing that the firwall blocks is ftp and I have treid all the http
mirrors listed on http://fedora.redhat.com/download/mirrors.html

and I get the same results on all http based ones.

I have also tried exporting the proxy setting from the cammand line.
I run up2date -l and up2date -u it still habgs with errors which are
listed on bugzilla.
I have tried the options listed there.
but no luck. This has left me puzzled and very irratible.
So I decided to download everything needed in rpm format and got
hammered with 1001 depenencies.
So as you can see I am really stuck.

Good news is I managed to install alsa and some plugins from
http://ccrma-www.stanford.edu/planetccrma/software/soundapps.htm
this is great but I cant find a media library for xmms. The ones on
xmms.org all have dependancies to qt which I still cant resolve.

but seems I will slowly slowly get there.

> > > Why does an USB printer need a different kernel? Can you be specific:
> > > which model, which driver required, for what reason kernel exchange?
> > >
> > The driver provided by lexmark is for kernel 2.6.xx
>
> You know linuxprinting.org? Unfortunately you did not post the model
> name. If it is no Windows[tm]-only GDI printer it should work with
> kernel 2.4 too. I do not see what the kernel has to do with the printer
> job as this is user space.

I will get back to you on this one as soon as the disco software is
sorted out!
> Alexander
>

> --
> Alexander Dalloz | Enger, Germany | GPG key 1024D/ED695653 1999-07-13
> Fedora GNU/Linux Core 1 (Yarrow) on Athlon CPU kernel 2.4.22-1.2174.nptl
> Sirendipity 20:02:37 up 6 days, 20:21, load average: 0.12, 0.06, 0.02
>                    [ Î?νÏ?θι Ï?'αÏ?Ï?ον - gnothi seauton ]
>              my life is a planetarium - and you are the stars

Chad