Re: stability of fedora for server application?

Schlueri wrote:

Am Sa, den 13.03.2004 schrieb shane c branch um 17:01:
I currently have RH9 running on one of my servers at work. Now that the RH project has ended and Fedora has taken its place, I'm considering either upgrading or reinstalling that box with Fedora.

However, I'm concerned if Fedora will be stable enough for the server. I would move to RHEL, but my dept isn't too keen on spending money at this point, which also has me considering going to Debian, as it has a reputation for stability.

Any opinions appreciated.

I've running FC1 on different servers. A development webserver with Apache, MySql 4,
CVS Server, Samba, ProFTP. Firewall/Router with failover machine (Heartbeat & DRBD), primary server on DELL Celeron Server, BIND, Squid Proxy. One production webserver with A
pache & Tomcat & mod_jk for JSP-Apps, MySQL4, Samba, ProFTP on Dell Dual-XEON Server.

Two FC1 installations as productive desktop machines and some installations for testing on different, sometimes old, hardware and for temporary or home servers.

At this time all runs stable without any problems. I've tried things with Debian, but
for me i can save time with "Red Hat - like" Installations.

Greetz
Dirk

Indeed. RH based distros do make setup much less time consuming. I tried Debian about a year ago as a workstation, but I could never get it quite the way I wanted it, so I came back to RH.

--
regards,

shane