Re: samba Problem

On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 00:00:22 -0500, Mario St-Gelais <legrimpeur@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Ryan Duff wrote:

Yeah, that's what my problem was. I edited my smb.conf file on my linux box because linux was fighting my xp box to be PDC. I set it to

local master = no
preferred master = no
os level = 20

and did a service smb restart and went to work and when I came home everything had fiextd itself and I can now browse from my windows machine.

The moral of the story is that if you can't browse your network, you have 2 or more machines fighting to be PCD.

Ryan Duff

Lucky you Ryan!! Did what you did and the error messages I had disappeared. Then running smbclient -L localhost yields to

Server               Comment
LAPTOP               LapTop 1
P2                   samba server

So my laptop is now present. But still can't connect as my laptop will not find the damn path. What the heck is going on??

Mario

Could you give me your info one more time with your setup and what you are trying to accomplish and I'll see if I notice anything that I changed that may help you out aswell. Everything works fine on my network right now, I'm at 100%... right where I want to be.

Ryan