Re: samba Problem

Ryan Duff wrote:

Yeah, that's what my problem was. I edited my smb.conf file on my linux box because linux was fighting my xp box to be PDC. I set it to

local master = no
preferred master = no
os level = 20

and did a service smb restart and went to work and when I came home everything had fiextd itself and I can now browse from my windows machine.

The moral of the story is that if you can't browse your network, you have 2 or more machines fighting to be PCD.

Ryan Duff

Lucky you Ryan!! Did what you did and the error messages I had disappeared. Then running smbclient -L localhost yields to

       Server               Comment
       LAPTOP               LapTop 1
       P2                   samba server

So my laptop is now present. But still can't connect as my laptop will not find the damn path. What the heck is going on??

Mario