Re: ... fedora-selinux

It depends on how well it keeps itself inline with staying out of site for a normal user. I have no guess on the percentage of Linux users that will not override the SELinux features. I am open to the concept. But do not want additional problems thrown into the mix. NT4 as comparison caused me headaches as a user. I avoided it because it was not setup to stay out of the way of using a computer.

[Sorry for the excessive snipping.]

It's my understanding that the default security configuration will stay out of the way and will provide a 'normal' seeming sort of environment. I agree with you that the new default should not make it more difficult for a normal user to use and manage their computer.

The big bonus of SELinux is that you can then go in and, in a much more fine grained manner than is currently possible, adjust how certain things are or are not allowed to run. In the long run, this will help make the system -more- useable than currently because you'll be able to configure activities that are traditionally 'root only' to be more accessible by authenticated (or power) users without opening up everything else.