Re: whole screen blinking when typing in xterm or gnome-terminal.

Uttered Tom Taylor <fedora@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, spake thus:

> Cheok Yan Cheng wrote:
>
> >there is one serious problem that i had encounter. my whole screen will blink when i do the following operation on xterm or gnome-terminal.
> I don't think it's actually a problem, more of a 'feature'. It's some
> kind of visual feedback. I find it enabled when I use 'screen'.

This is probably the terminfo visual bell "vb" attribute.  You can
probably pick a different value for your $TERM environment variable
that does not have the "vb" attribute set.  Try this:

	$ tack $TERM			<-- Starts tack(1M)
	n				<-- Menu item: begin testing
	e				<-- Menu item: edit terminfo
	w				<-- Menu item: write terminfo
	q				<-- Quit program
	$ grep :vb: $TERM		<-- See if :vb: option is set

If your selected TERM has the :vb: attribute, pick another $TERM that
doesn't.

Cheers!