gpm shutdown failed

Being new to this list, I appreciate your patience in
me getting this new fc1 install working. Looking at
system logs I determined my system was suffering from
a "gpm shutdown failed", I suspect that this might be
causing the error in my last post of "md: recovery
thread got woken up" because gpm is not shutting down
successfully with the term signal the system must
force a termination of the process by killing it. So
all that being said what is gpm and what would cause
this behavior? I look at red hat website and tried to
cross reference it in bugzilla with no results. I also
have had problems mounting my hard drive so is these
events related in some way? In my logs this seemed to
be the only error journaled. thanks for your help, I'm
sure this issue has already been addressed so if you
know the link to it please provide me with it.
Thanks again
MButterman