Re: k3b copy problems

Jeff Vian wrote:

On Tuesday 02 March 2004 18:48, Andrew Robinson wrote:

Having seen the virtues of k3b extolled in the forum, I decided to give
it a try. It works fine for creating a cd from scratch. However, when I
try to copy a cd, I get errors that seem to be related to this message:

No support for ATAPI with cdrdao
You will not be able to use all your reading devices as copy
sources since there is at least one not configured to use
SCSI emulation and your system does not support ATAPI with
cdrdao.
Solution: The best and recommended solution is to enable
ide-scsi (SCSI emulation) for all devices. This way you won't
have any problems.

Also, if you are copying from cd to cdrw you need both hdc and hdd as ide-scsi.
This is done by adding the "hdd=ide-scsi" to the kernel line above

Including both hdc=ide-scsi and hdd=ide-scsi in the grub.conf seemed to do the trick. Thanks!

Andrew