Re: smallest possible installation.

On Mon, 2004-03-01 at 18:11, Tobias wrote:
> hi,
>
> newly i'm playing with fedora-core2-t1. so i've installed it:
>
> - "linux text' on the bootprompt
> - 'custom' for the Installation Type
> - and for 'Package Group Selection' i've deselected all possibilities,
>
> but there was no more options for deselect of any packages and these
> 'custom' installation was 537mb with many of unnecessary packages,
> they must be removed manually... :(
>
> is there a possibility to install in textmode a little, core installation
> with network in order to install the rest we need over internet (i.e. yum, apt) ?

You have to deselect them manually if you do it in the installer, or you
can generate a kickstart file to automate subsequent network based
installs, including pointing it at a network share to get add-on
packages.

redhat-config-kickstart and you can google a kickstart how-to or start
here:

http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/linux/RHL-9-Manual/custom-guide/s1-kickstart2-howuse.html