Re: smallest possible installation.

At 17:11 3/1/2004, you wrote:
but there was no more options for deselect of any packages and these
'custom' installation was 537mb with many of unnecessary packages,
they must be removed manually... :(

is there a possibility to install in textmode a little, core installation
with network in order to install the rest we need over internet (i.e. yum, apt) ?

Tobias:

I've done some work with this using FC1 and with the help of about a dozen other people. We've managed to pare down a useful, practical FC1 install down to about 380MB. Many more things /could/ be removed, but at the cost of losing some functionality and flexibility. Check out the archives of the fedora-minimal list (in particular, my posts since I often posted a summary of successful recommendations by others):