Re: RH ES2.1, how to upgrade to kernel 2.6?

We use a proprietary piece of software called Exlibris Aleph (library cataloging software) and it uses Oracle 9 for its database. Unfortunately, Exlibris tells us they only support RH ES 2.1 because thats what Oracle supports, and what Exlibris's code will compile against. We originally tried RH9 and even after extensive modification of their code, they couldn't get it all to compile correctly. Our server with the large RAID array is this server, and the only server we have with a large enough RAID array to temporrarilly hold the backups while they are written to tape.