Re: vsftpd connection problem.

Jeff,
Thanks. I am new enough at this that I just "forget" to google my problems.

TNX

Bob

Jeff Lasman wrote:

On Sunday 29 February 2004 11:12 pm, Bob Hartung wrote:

Hi all,
I have a little ftp server set up on a home network. I keep getting
the following error when
I try to connect.
"vsftpd refusing to run with writable anonymous root"

I googled the error message and found "http://www.vsftpdrocks.org/faq/":

<snip>
A) vsftpd is protecting against dangerous configurations. The cause of this message is usually dodgy ownership of the ftp home directory. The home directory should NOT be owned by the ftp user itself. Neither should it be writable by the ftp user.
</snip>

Jeff