Re: vsftpd connection problem.

On Sunday 29 February 2004 11:12 pm, Bob Hartung wrote:

> Hi all,
>  I have a little ftp server set up on a home network.  I keep getting
> the following error when
> I try to connect.
>  "vsftpd refusing to run with writable anonymous root"

I googled the error message and found "http://www.vsftpdrocks.org/faq/":

<snip>
A) vsftpd is protecting against dangerous configurations. The cause of
this message is usually dodgy ownership of the ftp home directory. The
home directory should NOT be owned by the ftp user itself. Neither
should it be writable by the ftp user.
</snip>

Jeff
--
Jeff Lasman, nobaloney.net, P. O. Box 52672, Riverside, CA  92517 US
Professional Internet Services & Support / Consulting / Colocation