OT: Re: Does "Micro$oft" sucks...?

At 02:52 2/23/2004, you wrote:
Microsoft may suck, but as long as you get some buck$ (or â?¬uros) for it, who cares?

I care.

I care for others, so I care that the entire world gets screwed, and that some people consider that "as long as they get some bucks, who cares?"

I care for those "less fortunate," and so I care that 90% of the world's population does not have access to a computer and that the monopolistic pricing with which Microsoft is gouging those of us who *can* pay are preventing that number from dropping.

I care for those in less-wealthy countries, having to take out a loan to buy a computer to try to do business, or keep their job, or educate their kids, when Microsoft has roughly $45,000,000,000 in CASH at the time, not counting any other assets or ongoing profit. That's over $200 for every man, woman, and child in the USA, or roughly $9 for every human being on Earth... and for some of those humans, $9 is riches beyond belief.

I care for my business, which makes more of a profit (or avoids suffering losses) when not forced to pay Microsoft more for their software than I paid for the actual computers. I care for my stockholders, who chose to invest in ME and to whom I owe the responsibility of making their money work as hard as possible.

I care that Microsoft's behavior has consistently been proven (not shown, proven in a court of law) to be unethical, and I care that the US government seems disinclined to do anything about it.

I care that I lose work, time, blood, toil, sweat, tears, and money every time a Microsoft computer crashes.

I care that some (like you, Alex?) may be too uninformed, uninterested, or unintelligent to see why they should care.

I care that many choose not to care.

For in that uncaring I find many of the things wrong with this world.

-- Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx http://www.simpaticus.com