Re: Giving up on Linux...

Dear xyzzy

It's me again. Sorry if I seem to be making light of your trouble but as they say if it was easy everyone would do it. Well everyone is doing the M$huck out the money bit, and I guess they get their money's worth but Linux is coming on strong. My money is on open source. Funny but that gives Sore Bill nightmares. That inspires Balmer to do his thing, and low and behold SCO gets a payday for spreading FUD. Funny isn't it jus the other day it seems M$ was found guilty yet today Sore Bill is knighted.. Now imho that just ain't American.Lets hear it for the little guy inspired by Saint Linus benevolence slaving away to perfect your experimental Fedora Code. But cheer up Red Hat knows just where to use that code. It is called in the Enterprise, and now Mr. Bill is getting a serious migraine and Mr Balmer well we don't want to get sued do we so we will just leave it at that. In my own experience Linux does not always come easy but I sure have met an awfully lot of nice people who went out of their way to help me. My best advice to you is to pour another cup of coffeee and roll up the sleeves or if it has gone that far pop the top and take a break.I can think of plenty of XP config nightmares not to mention IIS or Active Directory, .net etc.and I am sure others will be happy to share their bummers too. It just goes with the turf. The more bleeding edge the hardware, the more complex the task, well just keep that pot of hot java handy and prepare to burn the lights late.