Re: Can't upgrade FC1

On Fri, 2004-02-20 at 05:33, Michael Kearey wrote:
> Mike Adolf wrote:
> > Tried to upgrade FC1 to latest release, but...
> >
> > up2date says core is up to date but
> > uname -r = 2.4.22-1.2115.nptl,
> > which is old.
> >

> I am not completely sure about your particular problem.. However many
> problems with up2date can be solved by setting up to use a mirror that
> is up to the task of serving  thousands..
>
> http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/2004-January/msg01577.html
>
> Alternatives to up2date exist, like yum and apt-get for rpm. See
> http://fedora.artoo.net  for lots of good info.
>
> Cheers,
> Michael

I took your advice and went to artoo. Found the latest yum.conf and
copied to my system. Ran yum; and after several hours of downloading
rpms, it did the update. I am now running kernel 2.4.22-1.2174.nptl,
which I think is the latest.  My next challenge is to get sound working
I need to find the alsa package compatible with new kernel. If not, I'll
have to roll my own.

Thanks, Mike