Audio CD woes on a Dell Inspiron 1100

Hi, I can't seem to get my computer to play or should I say mount my audio cds. I have created a cdrom icon on my KDE desktop and when I click on it so that it automatically mounts it says..."Could not mount device. The reported error was: mount: only root can mount /dev/cdrom on /mnt/cdrom". So I went to the terminal and switched to root and tried both mount /mnt/cdrom and mount /dev/cdrom and it said, respectively "mount: /dev/cdrom is not a block device". Anyone have any ideas? I was able to get my audio CDs to work when I initally installed Fedora then I started messing around with trying to get my cd burner to work and now I can't play audio cds.
Chris
PS-I am getting the same error when I try to view a DVD.

Dream of owning a home? Find out how in the First-time Home Buying Guide. http://special.msn.com/home/firsthome.armx