Compiling iteraid driver for use at installation

Hi folks,

I'm trying to upgrade from Red Hat Linux 9 to Fedora Core 1 on my Gigabyte GA-7N400Pro motherboard. I'm using RAID 1 under the iteraid driver at present, and i need to make a module that i can load from floppy before anaconda searches for installations to upgrade.

I'm compiling iteraid from the source at http://www.ite.com.tw/pc/LinuxSrc_it8212_092005-05.zip, but i keep running into one of two problems:

1. The module symbol versioning kicks in and complains of unresolved symbols (e.g. register_chrdev_R91ec41d1, scsi_register_Rc18333384).

2. I've tried to configure my kernel on another box to support compiling modules without symbol versioning, and i get kernel version mismatches (due to the "custom" on the end of the EXTRAVERSION).

So my questions are:

1. Am i assuming rightly that the installation kernel doesn't use kernel versioning? If so, how can i compile a module that will make the module correctly for use in the installer?

2. If that is not likely the problem, is there another way i can get my system upgraded? I've heard yum can actually do OS upgrades - is this possible for going from RHL9 to FC1?

Thanks in advance,
Paul