Re: Fedora Core release 1.90 (FC2 Test 1) questions

Bill Nottingham wrote:
Brian Millett (bpm@xxxxxxxxxxxx) said:

I've taken the plunge and updated from core 1 to Fedora Core release 1.90 (FC2 Test 1). Some nose bleeding has taken place, but so far OK. I do have some questions and observations:

1) Is there a list just for bleeding-edge junkies?

fedora-devel-list@xxxxxxxxxx

Thanks, I'll subscribe.

3) usb hotplug does not seem to be working. If I tail /var/log/messages and insert a usb device, I get nothing in the log file. It is as if the hotplug is not fireing at all. Any ideas on this?

Is your host controller driver loaded?

Ok, bear with me on this one. The device is a usb flashdrive. It was working before I updated. This is what I have with lsmod:
shaka: lsmod | egrep "uhci|usb|ohci"
usb_storage 70208 0
ohci1394 46084 0
ieee1394 298288 1 ohci1394
scsi_mod 134712 3 sd_mod,usb_storage,sg
uhci_hcd 46480 0
ohci_hcd 25984 0
usbcore 130268 6 usb_storage,hid,uhci_hcd,ohci_hcd

Should I be looking at a different driver than usb_storage?

4) The nice little option of using "netprofile=X" on the grub command line is of course broke because the conversion from the redhat-config-<scripts> to python 2.3 has not happened. Are those being phased into system-config-<scripts>?

Please file a bug.
Ok, is that for "Fedora Unstable"?

5) Upgrading broke the yum.conf, well if you use the $releasever variable. There is not a directory "/core/1.9/i386", just "/core/1/i386"

Check the yum.conf.rpmnew.... for the devel release, point it at
rawhide.

Ok, this is what I am using: [development] name=Fedora Core 2 development baseurl=http://ftp.dulug.duke.edu/pub/fedora/linux/core/development/$basearch http://mirrors.kernel.org/fedora/core/development/$basearch http://redhat.secsup.org/fedora/core/development/$basearch gpgcheck=1

thanks for the quick response.

-- Brian Millett Enterprise Consulting Group "Shifts in paradigms (314) 205-9030 often cause nose bleeds." bpmATec-groupDOTcom Greg Glenn