RedHat, Fedora future?

Here is an article about the future of Red Hat and with that Fedora. It puts to question about Red Hat's ability to compete with SUSE since it was purchased by Novell.

Red Hat or SUSE for the enterprise? Hint: Bet the chameleon
<http://www.newsforge.com/article.pl?sid=04/01/28/219249>

I like Fedora but I don't like that it doesn't follow the standards as laid down by the Filesystem Hierarchy Standard <http://www.pathname.com/fhs/index.html> for location of applications and files. This causes some problems when trying to get support as the application site states one location and the file is in another location on RH. This can cause allot of confusion with new users (I have seen it) when they have problems.

Standards are to be followed to ensure compatibility. If things are not standard, it creates more work for software writers and thus affects support.

Linux Standard Base <http://www.linuxbase.org/index.php>

--
Robin Laing