Re: Metacity

Marc Schwartz wrote:

To go to sawfish, you should be able to open a terminal window and use:

killall metacity; sawfish &

then

gnome-session-save

The first three times I tried that it failed because metacity restarted before sawfish started.

The fourth time it worked.

Apparantly, however, my troubled user went and put in their own private installation of IceWM (which I haven't tried or seen personally) which allegedly is playing nicer with Gnome than sawfish was, and does all the little things he wanted. *sigh* He understands that he's now officially unsupported and on his own.

I've decided I like the alt+click to raise a window better than the 'original' click-to-raise, because it doesn't pass the click through to the underlying application (which often caused trouble).