Re: Easy path to MySQL4??

Alexander Dalloz wrote:

Am Fr, den 30.01.2004 schrieb Stephan Matthiesen um 20:38:

Hello,

Am Freitag, 30. Januar 2004 15:55 schrieb Andre Costa:

On Fri, 30 Jan 2004 15:38:28 +0000
WipeOut <wipe_out@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Is there an easy way to upgrade to MySQL 4.0 on FC1..

..

Maybe this helps: http://fedoranews.org/contributors/tony_smith/mysql

This is very useful, thanks.

But I'm curious WHY there is no MySQL 4.0 in Fedora? 4.0 has been around for quite a while, and it seems to me many users would like the new features. So are there any technical problems or what's the reason for not having MySQL 4 in the Fedora distribution?

Cheers
Stephan

This question was so often discussed right now in this list, you should have found the answer easily in the archive. It's still an open license question.

Alexander

Not to start up the discussion again, I understand why RH can't include it in RHEL but I can't understand why it can't be included in Fedora..

Anyway it doesn't matter if I have to download it seperately as long as I can get it to run.. The new features are critical to the performance of the system I am putting together..

Later..