Re: help configuring spam assassin

Am Do, den 22.01.2004 schrieb Stephen Walton um 20:43:
> On Thu, 2004-01-22 at 11:08, Jason Montleon wrote:
>
> > well, not that it's the best documentation to go by, but this is what I did
> > on Fedora to get it working.:
> > http://www.montleon.com/mcafee+amavis+postfix+spamassassin.html
>
> At the risk of hijacking a thread:  I found SpamAssassin much harder to
> set up and much slower than the spam-killing tools which are built into
> Mozilla 1.4.

You are right, but no every one uses mozilla. Also I think spamassassin
is more precise. Mozilla made more mistakes/needs a lot of training.

> Although the latter are considered beta, the
> point-and-click interface makes it quite easy to configure.

There also is a web-Interface in php for that...

> I realize
> that the Mozilla tools work at the individual user level and not at the
> server level, which was the original question.

Spamassain does too: spamassassin = user app.
spamd/spamc = system daemon. If you set "allow_user_rules 1" users can
add their own rules.

So, if anybody is interested: Here's my /etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf.

required_hits 5
rewrite_subject 1
subject_tag [SPAM]
report_safe 0

allow_user_rules 1

whitelist_from  @localhost
whitelist_to    @localhost

ok_languages    de en fr
ok_locales      en

skip_rbl_check  1

This is enough, I don't have any user rules and I haven't had a single
spam mail or a mail declared as spam although it wasn't. Mail labeled as
Spam is filtered to a special folder in evolution.

That's it!

Christoph