Re: How to install Fedora on Sony Vaio Notebook

On Monday 05 January 2004 20:05, vinod@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Dear All
>
> I am trying to install Fedora Core 1 on Sony Vaio Notebook
> PCG-R505Series.
>
> Anaconda Installer recognizes the cdrom Firewire device and then
> fails to read it subsequently. It asks me for cdrom driver and the
> options do not have any IEEE1394 device....
>
> Please can you guide me how to install Fedora on Sony Vaio ....
>
> Thanks in advance...
>
> Vinod Joseph

I have a PCG-R505TEK with the same basic setup.  When I first
installed linux on it, it was at the time when RH7.3 was the most
current and it didn't have a IEEE1394 driver at all.  I found that I
had to do a http or ftp install. Things may have changed since then
and there may be a kernel argument that you can add but, if not, the
network install does work. Unlike RH7.3, with Fedora, once you get it
installed via the network, the IEEE1394 should work. You may have
nudge it with a script named "rescan-scsi-bus.sh" but that's a bridge
you won't have to cross until your get linux installed.

Regards,  Mike Klinke

Regards,  Mike Klinke