fc1 + alsa sound Drivers & Quake III Engine Based Games

After reading the posts on this list. And seeing that alot of people
recommending the installation of the ALSA sound drivers to get their
sound cards working. I decided to install them also and see if they work
any better than the default OSS drivers.

Well, the install all went well, and I have sound (The Sound card being
a Creative Audigy). I decided to run some of my games. The ones which
still had sound were games like, Duke3D, UT2K3, UT, Descent 3, and
Neverwinter Nights. BUT, when I went to run any of the Quake 3 engine
games like, Quake 3, RTCW and ET, they all hung on the initialisation of
the sound drivers, and wouldn't go any further.

Anyone have any suggestions as to how I might be able to get the sound
to work with the ALSA drivers and the games with Quake III engine??? (I
have changed the sound port to /dev/dsp1, and the game runs ok, but with
no sound.)

Quake 3 works fine, with the old OSS drivers.

Here is the sound portion of the modules.conf file, which was generated
by alsaconf.

# --- BEGIN: Generated by ALSACONF, do not edit. ---
# --- ALSACONF version 1.0.0rc2 ---
alias char-major-116 snd
alias char-major-14 soundcore
alias sound-service-0-0 snd-mixer-oss
alias sound-service-0-1 snd-seq-oss
alias sound-service-0-3 snd-pcm-oss
alias sound-service-0-8 snd-seq-oss
alias sound-service-0-12 snd-pcm-oss
alias snd-card-0 snd-emu10k1
alias sound-slot-0 snd-emu10k1
# --- END: Generated by ALSACONF, do not edit. ---

Wolf