Re: Fedora Project: Announcing New Direction

On Tue, 2003-09-23 at 19:50, Gerry Doris wrote:
> Much of the concern that has been expressed involves the stability of the
> Fedora releases.  With Redhat branded releases we were assured that they
> went through a disciplined testing and quality methodolgy.
>
> It is my impression that this formal process will not apply to the Fedora
> Project.  While Redhat personnel will supervise the Fedora testing it will
> be much less disciplined and thorough than what we're used to.

The intent is not to be sloppy, deliberately break things, or add wildly
unusable cvs snapshots, no. I plan to run Fedora on my workstation for
example and I will get grumpy if it doesn't work. ;-)

The intent _is_ to add the latest released versions of packages, though,
to have feature updates rather than bugfixes-only, and to have frequent
releases.

The exact policies and processes aren't really decided, they will be
discussed a good bit on the mailing lists I expect.

Havoc