Re: nvidia thoughts

Hi Niels, hi all!

Am Do, den 23.10.2003 schrieb Niels Weber um 23:33:
> > Have you tried booting with "nofb" parameter?
> I hadn't tried on that system. It seems to work when run with "linux
> nofb" on this one (Geforce 2 MX, MACROTRON monitor). Thanks for the
> help.
>
> Still, on my other system (Geforce 4 ti 4200, Philips 150 P DFP it
> doesn't matter if I choose nofb or not).

You still can do the installation in text mode, skip the x configuration
and reboot.
#wget
http://download.nvidia.com/XFree86/Linux-x86/1.0-4496/NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-4496-pkg2.run
# export CC=gcc32
#./NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-4496-pkg2.run
# XFree -configure
Edit the new XF86config for your needs.
Be happy. :-)

I think the problem is your TFT, not the graphics card , but i cannot
comment on this. I always had to do this old school way with RH 7.3 and
my Nvidia card. I used xf86setup (there was a

Or, if possible, just change the monitors during install???

Christoph
--
Christoph Wickert <christoph.wickert@xxxxxx>