Re: missing RPM in desktop install -- xsri-2.1.0-6

Mike A. Harris wrote:

I suspect the media is bad. Please run mediacheck and test your media first. I don't see why this problem would occur only under VMware personally. Even though we don't support VMware officially, problems like this still shouldn't happen.

How could media that passes an md5sum be bad? I've not burned physical media, and I'm "mounting" the cdrom in a virtual drive...

Checking again, all ISO images pass /usr/lib/anaconda-runtime/checkisomd5.

The install has failed several times at exactly the same point:
1) Redhat 8.x running VMWAre 4.x, twice. 640Mb on main machine, 192 on virtual, almost no load on system
2) Windows XP, running VMWare 3.x, 512Mb on laptop, 192 on visual machine, 20% cpu on average

Alan