Re: missing RPM in desktop install -- xsri-2.1.0-6

On Wednesday, Oct 22, 2003, at 14:18 America/New_York, Alan Peery wrote:

I get 80%+ through installation of a default desktop installation, and the installation stops at "The package xsri-2.1.0-6 cammnot be opened. This is due to a missing file or perhaps a corrup package..."

At this point the install will let me retry forever, but not skip the package and continue on. Is there any way to work around this? The md5sums of the .iso files are correct, so I don't think I've had a download problem.

Detail:
I happen to be installing the software under VMWare (version 3.0, running on a Windows XP host). I've swapped the .iso files by suspending the virtual machine and "swapping cdroms" by renaming the .iso files on my hard drive. I've used this technique many times, and it worked for 20 minutes following the switch, so I don't think this is likely to be the problem.

Alan

Alan,

I've had this problem too, and never got it figured out. I think its because you need to have vmware-tools installed before you can install xsri, however, thats not possible to install unless the dist install is complete. Officially, installing under vmware is not supported. Please keep me updated as this is a bug I would love to squash.

Thanks,
Jack