Re: Fedora and the System Administrator

Am Fre, 2003-10-10 um 00.58 schrieb Bill Anderson:
> > To be serious: they didn't file for bankruptcy but seeked protection
> > under a similar regulation as the US "chapter eleven". So they could
> > continue to operate their business. They announced some weeks ago they
> > will leave the "chapter eleven" status at the end of this year.
> >

> Actually, that *is* bankruptcy. What you referenced is bankruptcy act
> *Chapter 11*. This is the business counterpart to Chapter 13 in the
> personal world. So yes, they did indeed file bankruptcy.
>
> Not a slam, just the facts, man.

You may have read my post: *similar* regulation. Mandrake is a french
company you may know, which is a country east of the eastern coast line
of the american continent with its own jurisdiction :-). The regulation
is a temporary moratorium, prerequisite is enough capital assets to
resume normal business after the end of the moratorium without
substantial lost for their creditors (in contrast to bankrupcy - at
least in Europe). But anyway, it's not an important issue for this list,
I suppose.

Peter