Re: Fedora and the System Administrator -- are my assumptions onSuSE incorrect?

BruceG wrote:
On Saturday 04 October 2003 10:43, Buck wrote:

Thanks, Ed,

Yes, we are the same age, but I am brand new to Linux.  I first started
to get into Linux about a year ago.  I had a spare computer and wanted
to learn it and use it.  I read the reviews, checked out the local book
stores, read the websites of what must have been a dozen or more brands
and then looked at the list serves available.  Probably every version
has both Yahoo and MSN groups support but when I tried them I became
overwhelmed with spam, so I had to rule that out as an option. I
monitored three list servs lists and checked out the release frequency
and availability of maintenance support.  It became a toss up between
Red Hat and SuSE at that time.  Red Hat won because of the availability
of resources including the books at the book stores, these list serve
lists and the availability of ISOs on the internet.

Buck