Re: Using ATA Raid HPT370A controller.

On Sat, 2003-11-29 at 12:20, Dmitri Gofmekler wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I have a small trouble using Adaptec 1200A controller.
> I have successful installation with RedHat 7.3 and same card, now tried this
> (compiled driver, modules.conf, recreate initrd, rewrite grub.conf) with
> Fedora and the system hangs during startup. Is there any binary drivers or
> success stories about hpt37x2 driver? Or maybe Fedora can be installed using
> ataraid / hptraid modules?

Well, I'm glad that you tried the proper procedure... but unfortunately
due to the amount of problems and the huge hassle in future upgrades, I
would not recommend using ataraid.

Back when I used it about 2 years ago, I couldn't get GRUB to load my
custom ataraid kernel.  The only way I managed to make it work was with
a patched lilo.  No idea where that patch is today.

Warren