Re: Problem deactivating eth0 and lo

In the 24 hours it took for the server to add me to this list and post
my message, I seem to have found a fix?

I installed alsa to get the sound card working.  I know it sounds
strange.  RH9 couldn't see my sound card, FC1 can, but could not
activate it.  Alsa was easy to install, configure, and get working.  Now
that my sound card is properly configured, the problem seems to have
disappeared.  Apparently, the unconfigured/improperly configured sound
card was confusing the system in some way.  I must admit that I don't
understand why this fixed the problem, but it seems to have.

For anyone else that this might pertain to.  Both the NIC and sound card
are integrated on the motherboard.  The system indentifies the sound
card as an Intel i810, 82801EB AC'97 audio controller.