Hints requested for beginner

I've just installed Fedora. I have to say that installation was remarkably simple. I still have Windows XP Pro installed whilst I learn a bit about Fedora. In fact, all I had to do was delete one Fat 32 partition and allow Fedora to install itself!

It was so simple to install, in fact, that even though it's installed, I still know absolutely nothing about it. I didn't even need to download it. Someone else did that for me, because broadband internet isn't available in my area.

There seems to be quite a lot of information available. There's so much, in fact, that I'm not sure where to even start. Could someone point me in the right direction, please? I read a message in this group where someone described how to mount the windows drives, but I still need to find out how to do things like have this drive mount each time I start up, how to mount the other partition on my hard drive, and whether there's already something like Windows Explorer / Xtree (being an old MS-DOS user from way back. - Am I allowed to say MS-DOS on this list? ) :-)

Thanks,

Graeme Willox