Re: gpg keys

Iain Buchanan wrote:
Hi all,

I just tried to make a pub/priv key pair, and upload the public key to a
keyserver (http://www.keyserver.net/en/). However the keyserver kept on
saying 'invalid key'. I relised the reason was I had an old key on the
server from ages ago, for which I don't have the private key anymore. As I understand it, I can't make a revocation certificate for it because
I don't have the private key, and I didn't make a revoke license, so is
there any other way to 'delete' the old key from the keyserver?

TIA,

On the kerserver.net "about this server" details what to do if you lose your private key: you should disable your key instead. This will take some time to get to the other keyservers, but it's the next best thing.

I'd give you a link, but the link's always 'http://www.keyserver.net/en/', so you'll have to go there and press 'about this server'.

Remark: it also says in the future this may not work any more.

I have the reverse problem. I made a revoke file when I created the key, but I have no idea how revoke the key on the server, so I asked the webmaster how to do this.

Guus.
--
A.J. Bonnema, Leiden The Netherlands,
user #328198 (Linux Counter http://counter.li.org)