Re: [Fwd: Mozilla and Multimedia]

Elton Woo ha scritto:
On November 25, 2003 08:54 am, antonio montagnani, antonio montagnani <anto.montagnani@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

doesn't operate, I tried to connect live radio www.nostalgie.fr and
www.swissjazz.ch and I got frustrated, if I start Gxine some stations
include in the list play, other don't....

When I connect to www.nostalgie.fr I get a line in the Gxine window like this (the gxine plugin starts)

0
ASF, o kHz 16 kBit/s MS Windows Media Audio 2 ((ffmpeg)

I'm using Moxilla 1.4.1, and I have both RealOnePlayer and gxine /xine installed.

Swissjazz gives me sound with the realaudio player, but I get the same result with nostalgie. It appears that they are using wmf (Windows
Media Format) ... which, AFAIK, has no equivalent open source codecs
available for linux. I'd simply drop that station, if I were you.

I *highly recommend* this site for finding audio and video content
http://www.virtualtuner.com/
The mantainer of this site is very quick to respond to reports of
outdated, missing, or incorrect links.

auguri,

Elton ;-)

Tnx for information.

I will check why Mplayer is working on another machine (upgrade from RH8 not fres install, maybe I do not remember that other codecs have been installed).
I guess that if I install additional codecs from Mplayer website, everything shoul work (no need to drop any station...)

Antonio ;-)

--

 Antonio

 Written with  Mozilla 1.4.1 on Redhat Linux Fedora Core 1
 You can grab Mozilla at www.mozilla.org
 Scritto con Mozilla 1.4.1 su Redhat Linux Fedora Core 1
 Puoi scaricare Mozilla presso www.mozilla.org