Re: evolution filters (WAS: Suggestions for people using the mailing lists.)

On Wed, 26 Nov 2003, Kevin Francis wrote:

> The strange thing is that this happens with fedora-list and no other
> list (even the other fedora lists).
>

> On Wed, 2003-11-26 at 13:00, Iain Buchanan wrote:
> > On Wed, 2003-11-26 at 14:14, Kevin Francis wrote:
> > > I don't know why, but I find many duplicate messages in my Inbox AND in
> > > my fedora-* folders.

Look at your filtering rules. I get dupes from all kinds of mailing lists.
It is easy to see why by just looking at the headers. You will see multiple
lists named in the headers as well as people who insist on replying to the
list and yourself. Remember first match wins so if you look for the fedora
list first and it matches then it will always end up in the fedora list box
even if it is also addressed to other lists.

......Tom