Re: Fedora reliability

Genti A. Hila wrote:

Hi list,

How relaible do you think is Fedora to use in a real environment  with Bind and Sendmail packages ?????

Thanks

Gentian

My general assessment after a couple of weeks of use is that Fedora is heading in the right direction. Unfortunately, my system has locked up twice in the past 2 weeks. I experienced this with RH8 on occassion (not once per week) and never with RH9. Simply looking at it from that perspective, I probably should have stayed at RH9.

That being said, I have no intention of going back. Overall I am impressed with both the speed and the stability of FC1. I have a dual-2.1GHz AMD Athlon w/ 3.5GB of memory. It is likely that my problems are related to the newer kernel and these resources. I'm also going to disable the prelink feature that has been added to FC1 to see if that removes my lockup issues. I use FC1 @ work as well and have had zero problems. As an ethusiast, I am much more interested in getting FC1 working properly for me than reverting back to RH9.

--
Doug Brott
brott@xxxxxxxx