Re: fedora-list digest, Vol 1 #356 - 28 msgs

> Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 20:48:01 -0700
> From: Rob Park <rbpark@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> To: fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: Re: raise window on-click
>
> Merc wrote:
> > I do agree with you that it should be an option.  I must say though that
> > this change delighted me, and is Correct (tm). ;-)
>
> Ugh, this drives me nuts. I use focus-follows-mouse because I like being
> able to type into whatever window I'm pointing at, WITHOUT having to
> click it.

I'll add one more constraint. I want to paste into it (a click) without
raising it. This is where Gnome drives me nuts.

> Basically, what I'm trying to say is that the window I'm pointing at
> should ALWAYS have focus, and the WM should never give focus to any
> other window, unless I point at it specifically, no matter how badly
> that other window may want the focus.

Agreed. Actually, I often find myself expecting the system to give focus
to the window I'm looking at. But maybe that's asking a little too much.

--
Karl DeBisschop <kdebisschop@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>