Re: raise window on-click

I'm so glad other people agree. I was just about to file a bug report. I started upgrading all of my RH9 PCs to Fedora but that one "feature" has kept me from getting past the first two. I find it moderately annoying, my wife (who uses NT/XP most of the time) finds it virtually unuseable.

It really MUST be an option.

Ben Steeves wrote:
Argh, what a terrible change from a usability point of view. I know
this is common in old X window managers (is there really such thing as a
"default" UNIX window manager? :-), but just 'cos that's the way it was
always done doesn't make it right.

At the very least it should be an option. Click-to-focus isn't the same
behaviour because the click that focuses also raises. I *hate* that. I
want to have the rear window have focus without coming to the front, and
without fancy combinations of clicking and alt-tabbing around.

-- Greg Gulik http://www.gulik.org/greg/ greg @ gulik.org