Re: Alacatel Speedtouch USB @Fedora Core 1

On Mon, 2003-11-24 at 11:53, KnuX wrote:

> I previously used Red Hat Linux 9.0 and my modem was running with the
> http://speedtouch.sourceforge.net/ driver.
> I see that a module speedtch.o is present with the Fedora Core's
> kernel, can
> you tell me how I can use it ?

> - How can I load this module ?
> - How can I configure my internet connexion (login/pass) ? The
> Internet >assistant shows only my local network's ethernet card (so I
> have to >edit a file ?) :(

Try the configuration script speedtouchconf (also on SourceForge @
http://sourceforge.net/projects/speedtouchconf/).  On my installation it
reported the speedtch.o module as loaded and wouldn't proceed until I
had removed it.  When I did this, the script worked without problems:
prompted for login details and did the setup: a quick and easy
connection with no need to grub about in the innards.  To get the Frog
(USB modem) to connect at startup, I removed speedtch.o permanently.  No
problems since then.  P.S. I'm using the Windows .sys driver, but assume
the open source also work (they're downloaded with the script from
SourceForge).

Peter