Re: How about slowing down the Fedora release cycle to allow for more QA???

On Fri, 2003-11-21 at 11:01, Ryan Daly wrote:

> Sorry for my ignorance here, but does someone have a quick explanation
> of what YUM is and where its involved in the up2date process?

Up2date is still used for updating/installing Fedora packages to include
development (used to be rawhide) like always.

Yum is a package management tool for doing the same thing, mainly for
3rd party repositories, as well as local directories.

Up2date can now be configured (edit /etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources file) to
include those 3rd party repositories, using yum and/or apt.

--
Mike Chambers
Madisonville, KY

"Do you hear me now?....GOOD!"