Re: Need mail server help

On Fri, 2003-11-21 at 12:34, Michael Sullivan wrote:

> Hi.  I'm running Red Hat 9 and I have a domain (espersunited.com) and I
> would like to set up my own mail server so that I could set up my own
> email addresses @espersunited.com), but I don't know how to do that.
> All my searches on the internet have only told me how to set up mail
> servers with existing mail addresses, but not how to set up addresses
> when the email address doesn't exist yet.  Can anyone help me?  Thanx!
> -Michael Sullivan-

Edit /etc/mail/sendmail.mc and look for below line (bout 3/4 way down
the file)...

DAEMON_OPTIONS(`Port=smtp,Addr=127.0.0.1, Name=MTA')dnl

Change to below...

dnl # DAEMON_OPTIONS(`Port=smtp,Addr=127.0.0.1, Name=MTA')dnl

Then edit /etc/mail/local-host-names and add in your domain as well as
aliases and localhost, such as below...

espersunited.com
whatever.espersunited.com
localhost

Restart sendmail and your all set.  There are some DNS things you might
need to setup via your A record to point to your mail server name.  And
then to setup IMAP/POP or whatever to retrieve your emails and you
should be all set.

--
Mike Chambers
Madisonville, KY