Re: Session chooser before login

Ben Steeves wrote:
On Fri, 2003-11-21 at 14:38, Peter Eddy wrote:

Automatically making the current selection the default for the future seems like the kind of thing a user-friendly UI would do.

For every person who would like the session to be retained automatically
across logins, you'll find someone who would hate it. I fall into the
latter category. I prefer to start with a clean slate and open the apps
I want manually.

I think you've misunderstood me, I only meant that GDM should automatically retain your selection of KDE, Gnome, or whatever that you make from the "Choose a Session" dialog in gdm. I agree with you that automatically restarting the applications that were running in your previous session is irritating.

Peter