Re: Fedora Update Notification: Mozilla [1.4.1-18]

On Thu, 2003-11-20 at 12:33, Mike Klinke wrote:

> Given a choice between taking the time to evaluate a new revision with
> new features/enhancements and simply fixing a bug that keeps Mozilla
> from seg faulting depending on your google hits I'm pretty sure which
> I'd choose.  In fact, I don't see why these need to be thought of as
> mutually exclusive testing activities. Thanks for the update folks!

Mozilla may be one of those packages that is the exception, but, it's
already been stated by other Red Hat folks, that instead of just
patching current versions to fix a security issue, they will instead
package up the latest version that includes the security fix, even if
that means getting improvements/enhancements.  As in using the upstream
version, which in this case is 1.6a.  But if those aren't stable yet or
whatever in this case, then it's understandable.

--
Mike Chambers
Madisonville, KY

"Do you hear me now?....GOOD!"