Other Window Managers (was: KDE 3.1.93 for Fedora spotted)

On Tuesday 18 November 2003 08:20 pm, pctech@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> I am not wanting a flame-war by what I am about to
> ask.  I am asking for honest opinions, not a "Holy
> War" about desktops.

But that's what you'll get. 8)

They both do pretty much the same and we have the two to choose from _because_
of holy wars over licensing. People who choose Gnome also tend to have
greater idealism about their rationale for their choices in software. That's
neither good nor bad, just different.

Your question also ignores the dozens of other useful window managers
available. Each is tailored to provide a different GUI experience for
different types of users. If you are a confirmed CLI user, you might want to
investigate the window managers which were specifically designed to enhance
productivity for users such as yourself.

--
Hoyt