re-exec init hang

I leave my system on all night. Since upgrading to FC1, every few days
when I get up, the system is frozen - screensaver is updating the
display but there is no response to anything short of the reset
switch.

The only thing I have found in the log files is cron entries
indicating that everything went fine up until for example 4 am, then
nothing, and an entry in the system log files at that time indicating
	desktop init: Trying to re-exec init

Any ideas?

Thanks.
Jim Ford