RE: reply to posts with "no mail" option set

Hi David,

|Submit a RFE for the web archive admin to include a "Reply to" button on
the
|message pages.
|
|Otherwise you can do it manually. The mails are connected to a thread via
|the In-Reply-To header.
|You need the Message-Id header value. You can see it in the HTML source
of
|the page.
|Then you construct a link like this in a local HTML document :
|
|<a
|href="mailto:david balazic uni-mb
si?Subject=the_subject&amp;In-Reply-To=3E9
|50615.5020503%40matroska.org"> clik here </a>
|
|and open it in your browser and click the link. Then you mail app should
|open for wiriting a new mail
|and it should make a proper reply ( just enter the message body and click
|SEND ).
|
|This is tricky, but I use it when I reply to a list from its (poor) web
|archive.
|
|Regards,
|David

Nice suggestion. But looking at your post as it appears on the archive I
can see it just started a **new thread**, instead of becoming appended to
the previous one.

Maybe because you removed the **OT** . . . ??

Also, correct me if I got it wrong - you need 4 windows open to follow
your recipe:

        1 - browser (on archive) to view original msg
        2 - HTML editor to prepare the link
        3 - browser (on edited/saved HTML) to click the link
        4 - mail app

You might do it with only 2 windows [and as a bonus get better results as
to thread placement . . .  :))  ] when pasting directly from browser (on
archive) onto mail app.

You'll actually need 2 cut-paste ops - 1 for the subject and 1 for the
contents - but that's still faster than handling 2 additional windows.

BTW, I personally need a 3rd window - for the text editor to include
quotation marks to the left of text, as poor Lotus Notes wasn't taught how
to do that . . .      :((

Cheers

Thiers Botelho